Smarter Giving Update – February 24
5 February 2024
Over the last few months, our members have once again shown their amazing commitment to supporting the local community, with a range of volunteering and donating activities.
Providing work experience opportunities and placements, as well as chances for students and members of the community to get to know more about your industry and career opportunities, are great ways to support schools and community groups.
Hyatt Regency London- The Churchill held two taster sessions for clients from Westminster Employment Service sharing with them the different roles within the hotel industry and provided a tour of the hotel.
In addition to the Christmas volunteering that we featured recently (here), the following businesses helped to support charities and the community:
- A team from Elemis painted planters for their roof garden at a local primary school
- Employees from Knight Frank helped out at St Mary’s Social Supermarket handing out food to those in need, while a team also cooked a meal for the women at The Marylebone Project’s drop-in centre. They also arranged a team of volunteers to give the reception and homework room at North Paddington Youth Club a fresh lick of paint.
Local charities are always very grateful for donations of unwanted office equipment and other items that can help them deliver an even better service to their clients. Over the last few months, donations have included:
- Anchorage Capital donated computer screens to St Marylebone CE School
- Chiltern Firehouse donated soap to The Marylebone Project
- Cromwell donated desks and swivel chairs to The Marylebone Project
- Lane Clark and Peacock donated foldable chairs to Newpin centre
- London Business School donated a sofa and chairs to The Marylebone Project
- Knight Frank donated an oven to Paddington Development Team and a dishwasher to The Marylebone Project
Our Smarter Giving initiative continues to go from strength to strength, with more of our members getting involved in a variety of activities to support vulnerable individuals and families in the area. More information, including how you can get involved is available here, or get in touch with our Community Impact Manager Hannah here.