Make A Difference This Christmas
30 October 2023
Many of you have taken part in our various Smarter Giving charity activities over the years, with incredible generosity. Whether you are a returning supporter or looking for a new Christmas charity initiative to engage your colleagues, here are a few ways that you can get involved.
Collate And Package Family Food Hampers
Just on our doorstep, to the north of Marylebone station, is Church Street Ward where over 65% of families are living on the lowest 1% income in the country and many families struggling with food poverty.
To help bring these families a bit of relief this Christmas, BakerStreetQ is teaming up with local charities to collect and distribute as many Food Hampers as we can. These hampers will contain staple food items that will help families feed themselves over Christmas, along with some special treats to bring some festive cheer.
If you or your team or business would like to take part and join our Christmas Campaign to put together food hampers for those families in need, please contact Hannah, our Community Impact Manager.
Purchase Toys For Children Living In Poverty
Each year, with the support of our local business members, we provide around 300 new toys to charity nurseries in the nearby area. This ensures that all children, many of whom are living in poverty or with families on very low incomes, receive a gift at Christmas. If your business is interested in taking part in this year’s toy drive, please get in touch with Hannah.
Christmas Charity Raffle
This Christmas sees the return of our ever-popular Charity Raffle with amazing prizes donated by many of our local businesses.
The raffle will be drawn on 30 November and this year all money raised is going to Home-Start Westminster – a local charity that supports parents and children who are experiencing a variety of difficulties including social isolation, illness, disability, post-natal depression and bereavement. More information about their work can be found on the Home-Start Westminster website.
To purchase tickets, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are £5 each (See Terms & Conditions below).
About Smarter Giving:
Our corporate giving initiative facilitates partnership working between our member businesses and local charities and community groups supporting the vulnerable and those in need, with financial donations, charity drives and volunteering opportunities. If you would like to know more about how to get involved with the Smarter Giving programme or to be added to the mailing list for details of forthcoming drives and activities, contact Hannah or visit our Smarter Giving pages to find out more.
Charity Raffle Terms & Conditions
1) Tickets are £5. This means that you need to donate in multiples of £5 only. If you donate £15 that entitles you to three tickets
2) If you are buying a ticket before the draw please ensure you give a valid email address. We will email you if you have won a prize using the address that you have given us when you made your donation. If an invalid email address is given or you don’t respond within one month we will donate the prize to Home-Start Westminster.
3) In respect of Raffle Draws, an independent person will select the winner/winners at random
4) The prize draw will take place on 30 November and then communicated to the winners by email on 1 December
5) There is no limit to the number of tickets being sold and you are not guaranteed to win a prize.