Support Local Charities By Donating Your Time Online
5 September 2020
Our Smarter Giving Manager, Kate, is frequently in touch with our local charities, community groups and schools to understand what support they need as they face new demands. There are a number of new opportunities for you to support our local community online. So whether you are in the office or working from home you can help.
Young Westminster Foundation & 2-3 Degrees – Mastering Your Future programme
– business support to help young people get job-ready by running or contributing to a variety of online workshops from confidence-building to CV writing
– online career talks
– providing task-based virtual work experience
– mentoring for young people via a weekly call
– reading to children who would otherwise not have access to books or reading opportunities. This is currently being delivered virtually
Age UK – Westminster
– befrienders who can call older people via phone or visit in person
North Paddington Food Bank
– individuals or teams to carry out phone surveys to establish user needs so the charity can better serve clients
The Quarter’s local charities’ resources are under pressure with many spending future project money and reserves to help those most in need during this period, so any financial donations are very welcome. Could you organise a fundraising challenge? It’s a great team-building activity and can be very successful with teams working in the office and working from home while creating a positive impact in the community. Our member’s Signature Aviation walked, cycled and ran the equivalent of a journey from London to Orlando to raise money for North Paddington Food Bank.