Proposals for our next five-year term
15 August 2022
Our Business Plan for 2023-2028 has been published and will be winging its way to all our members in the next few days, setting out our intentions for our next five year term. Following consultation with member businesses and wider stakeholders, a number of key priorities were identified, including:
- Promoting the appeal of the area and adding vibrancy – supporting efforts to attract people back to the workplace, greater visitor footfall, and staff recruitment and retention
- Getting the basics right – ensuring the area is clean and safe
- Sustainability and ESG – placing the facilitation and promotion of environmental and social impact at the heart of what we do
- A focus on people – nurturing a sense of community, wellbeing, health and happiness
- Consciousness of the cost-of-living crisis – prioritising giving back, public space and provision for all
The proposal also explains the planned extension to the Baker Street Quarter boundary to the north of the area, encompassing Marylebone station and its surrounding streets, giving us the opportunity to improve the gateway from the north and moving us closer to the community groups that are supported through our Smarter Giving initiatives.
As a Business Improvement District, BakerStreetQ is required to renew its mandate every five years through the process of a postal ballot run by Westminster City Council, sent to all eligible businesses in the defined area. The last Baker Street Quarter Partnership ballot was held in November 2017, at which 80% of member businesses turned out to vote, 95% of which voted in favour, representing 96% of rateable value. At the time, these results set a new record amongst BIDs in the UK.
To find out more about the plans you can visit our website here. We have now met with most of our members to discuss the plan and the ballot. If you have yet to meet with a member of the team or would like to discuss our plans further please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.