Plans For Oxford Street Move Forward
27 February 2019
Following a public consultation, Westminster City Council’s Cabinet has approved changes to its Place Strategy for the Oxford Street District and given the green light for proposals that will deliver much needed works to improve the district.
The budget will now go forward for approval at the April Cabinet then, following stakeholder engagement and further design development and traffic modelling, the Council anticipates that work on the project will commence in autumn 2019.
We are pleased that our response to the consultation was recognised and that many of the points that we raised were addressed:
• The need for an ambitious approach to Marble Arch
• Need to pay attention to phasing and delivery of the plans
• Importance of the ongoing management plan, operational and servicing considerations
• How buses will operate moving forward
• The need for ongoing stakeholder consultation
As the Place Strategy moves forward, we will continue to have an input in the development of plans and will be especially mindful of our streets which adjoin Oxford Street – Duke Street, Orchard Street and Portman Street.
Find out more and stay up-to-date with the project.