TfL New Travel To Workplace Advice
10 August 2020
We sent out a TfL survey a few weeks ago asking our businesses about their travel plans to the workplace. In response to the results of this survey, TfL have produced new travel guidance for businesses and employees.
- Transport has now returned to usual levels of service
- Information on an intensified cleaning regime
- Majority are complying with mandatory requirement to wear face coverings with the police and TfL enforcement teams taking steps to ensure everyone does
- Advice to employers to be flexible and allow employees to travel to work outside of busier times
- Information on Streetspace Programme to allow more space for cycling and walking
Walking and Cycling
We have worked with TfL to open up the forecourt of Baker Street station to enable social distancing and with our partners Westminster City Council to install temporary additional bike parking facilities i.e. hoops and racks in key locations includingDorset Street/Baker Street, Manchester Square, Blandford Street/Baker Street (East and West) and Fitzhardinge Street/Baker Street. Find out more information here.
TfL have launched a new app, TfL Go, to help travellers plan their journey and discover walking and cycling options and virtual cycling lessons to help those that are less confident on their bikes. Find more resources here.
We are running a webinar on Cycle Safety – which will promote the benefits of cycling, information on coronavirus health and safety measures, debunking myths about cycling in London and Q&A with our partner Bikeworks on 17 September. To register your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find the full new guidance from TfL here.